"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Thursday, October 20, 2011

One Misty Moisty Morning...

When cloudy was the weather
I chanced to meet....

NOT an old man clothed all in leather, but a few of my students and a parent!  This nursery rhyme immediately popped into my head as we came upon each other.  We had a lovely walk the rest of the way, with our conversation ranging from the weather to the best chestnut trees to the fall foliage, which, after two days of heavy rain, was mainly on the ground! 

Fast forward eight hours, I am walking back home and the misty moisty morning has been replaced with a sunny blustery afternoon.  My unzipped  rain jacket was being whipped open and closed and my hair was on end.  I could only picture myself in Pat Hutchins' wonderful The Wind Blew.  This story was and is numbered among my children's favorite stories.  It is such a wonderful example of the connectedness of life; this blustery wind moves from person to person and place to place sewing an invisible thread and bringing everyone together.

I became a library teacher because I am a natural dot connector.  My brain is constantly looking for, seeing and finding connections.  Literature provides a beautiful meeting ground for all kinds of dot connectors, with our varying backgrounds, diverse learning styles and wonderful thoughts.

What a great way to begin and end my work day!

The Wind Blew by Pat Hutchins
www.amazon.com



No comments:

Post a Comment