"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A perfect confluence of events!

A book fair, a night of reading picture books and Picture Book Month! 



Tonight is my school's "Sleep Under" event.  From 5:30 to 7:30 the Principal and I, along with four parents, are reading stories in four separate rooms.  I've donned my pajamas (plus my Pigeon tee-shirt, which I did indeed wear today - see yesterday's post) and am ready to read!




This week is also our school's book fair week.  What fun to watch the students "oohing" and "ahhing" over the book displays. I have seen many great book choices and am hoping there are some left for me to choose from!



And for the trifecta, this is of course, Picture Book Month!  What better way to celebrate than with a book fair and a night of reading stories.

 


What to read?  This is a perfect opportunity for me to get to read all the books which I love, but which don't fall into my lesson plans.  It is overwhelming.   How can I limit myself to just the few that will fit into two hours, give or take.

So what did I read?  Well, quite a few books, but the one I am choosing for my highlight of the day is one that I teach with and is one of my favorites, Flossie and the Fox by Patricia McKissack.  This book begs to be performed.  It is an incredibly satisfying book to read aloud.

Thank you to the parents for organizing this event and thank you to all the families that showed participated!



No comments:

Post a Comment