"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Friday, December 2, 2011

Flipping about: Collaborate. Communicate.Connect.

These are the elements I am enjoying most about my blog!  It is one of the  tools which allows me, and therefore my students, to collaborate, communicate and connect with other students and teachers, along with a broader community of parents, authors, illustrators and book enthusiasts.

How do my students interpret or define the words collaborate, communicate connect?   I grabbed my Flip camera and headed to the hallways to find out how my students define communication.  (You have already heard them talk about collaboration (see post: Have Flip. Will Travel).)






Here's my question, "How do we help students see the connection between expressing oneself and communicating an idea?"

Technology is a wonderful thing and when used appropriately can provide authentic learning experiences, but I am most excited about using technology to communicate and connect with others.  (I interpret "communicate" as the ways which we express ideas, thoughts and knowledge; and, I interpret "connect" as the ways we share these ideas thoughts and knowledge.) Stay tuned, because my students are eager to communicate and connect with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment