"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Friday, March 9, 2012

It was a RAD WRAD Celebration!

March 7, 2012.
School Librarian's Log:
It was a rad World Read Aloud Day celebration!
We read, we Skyped, we read and Skyped, and then we read some more! I am already looking forward to next year.

The began with a few last minute visits by my fourth grade World Read Aloud Day Ambassadors:

This classroom had students write their favorite read aloud book on the white board as part of the morning message:

And this fun note:

I handed the Flip video camera to a student and didn't see it again for a while...this was done all on their own: 

















This class was getitng ready to Skype with students in Iowa.
Waiting for the phone to ring!

Happy Skype Readers
I sent these flyers home in each student's folder:

Tomorrow, I'll post a video clip of my students reading poems for two voices with students in Illinois.

It was a World Read Aloud Day celebration to remember!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I especially LOVE the Flip video done by the students. What GREAT Ambassadors they are. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so impressed with your students! This is great! I hope you don't mind, but I pinned this so I can refer back to it next year for WRAD. Great post!

    ReplyDelete