"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Friday, May 18, 2012

"I can't wait to read more of the great books in life!"

I decided to revisit some technology tools, like Wallwisher, today.


What continues to make me smile is the fact that these students are rising to the challenge and not only using technology tools acceptably and appropriately, but are also re-engaged and excited to express themselves and communicate their understanding.  

How cool to read, "I can't wait to read more of the great books in life!"  

Why does this make me smile?  

Mainly because I feel like my students and I are developing a community of trust and from that great things are beginning to happen. I love playing the footage on my video camera (student interviews about books), listening to a VoiceThread discussion, or reading comments left by students on one of the other tools because my students are not just talking, they are thinking.  Wallwisher doesn't lend itself to as much depth, but I did have a great time looking back over their comments -- see the next post to read more of their work.  








No comments:

Post a Comment