"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

It's Picture Book Month!

I am so excited for tomorrow! I have big plans in store for this month-long celebration.  We'll be creating projects and sharing our passion for picture books. 

The signs are hung and the announcements are in the teachers' mailboxes. Next up: a notice for the parent newsletter.

We celebrated Picture Book Month last year and it was a very successful.  My favorite project was the reading challenge.  I delivered posters and stickers to each classroom, along with reading logs and instructions.  For one week the students logged and marked the picture books they read.  We had a school wide celebration at the end.  The students were so engaged that I had teachers asking me to extend it!  Visit the Picture Book Month Website for a media kit, calendar, ideas and links to author created activities.

Here are links to last year's projects:
(Book)Marking Picture Book Month

Celebrate Picture Book Month with These Books

Let the reading begin!






No comments:

Post a Comment