"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Friday, December 14, 2012

Penning for the Fourth Stall, Part III

I just received an ARC of The Fourth Stall, Part III 

Good news, right?

BUT....which student to hand it to first?

I decided to have students blog about the book.  

Here's what I did: 
IF a student wanted a chance to read the book first, then he or she had to tell me why they wanted this opportunity and what they liked about the books. THEN, I took the students that blogged about it and had the Principal draw a random name out of a hat.

These pining students penned their reasons.





At 2:45 pm, I put The Fourth Stall, Part III in Justin's hand.


I have many students reading this series right now, but these students were recognized as the true fans of the fifth grade. In a demonstration of the sense of community, I had students saying, "_____ should get it because he/she really loves the series."




No comments:

Post a Comment