"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Thursday, January 3, 2013

All Green


My first graders and I are heavily into our Mock Caldecott reading. Today, we read Green by Laura Vaccaro Seeger.

If you are not familiar with the book, here's the trailer:

After reading the book and reflecting on it with our Mock Caldecott hats placed firmly on our heads (you will have to wait until next week to hear their reflections), the students created their own green pictures.  Their only requirement was to think of something green, draw it and come up with a clever name. 






Lightning Green




Mean Green


Here are the rest:

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! I had my kinders illustrate a picture using mostly one color - their choice. If I do this with my older students, like my firsties, I will definitely have them name their green! Thanks for the awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would like to see what your students create.

      I love this social networking PLN!

      Delete