"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Extra Yarn because it is kulrful.


Our Mock Caldecott

Back in December, the first graders donned their Mock Caldecott Medal hats.  Over the next few weeks, they read and discussed books.
They loved Extra Yarnwritten by Mac Barnett and illustrated by Jon Klassen.  The book received an Honor in our Mock Caldecott voting. I wish I had my flip video recording their excitement when they heard it won an actual Caldecott Honor.  

I am re-posting their comments from earlier because the next exciting aspect will be to read the committee members' comments on each book. Here is what the students had to say:

 
 "I like Extra Yarn because it is colorful."
"I like Extra Yarn because it has more detail for me."
I like Extra Yarn because it is so cool!
"I like Extra Yarn because it is pretty."
Extra Yarn because of the mood.
I like Extra Yarn. It is inspiring.
Extra Yarn should win because it has details.
"Extra Yarn because the curse."

No comments:

Post a Comment