"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

A Snapshot of My Reading Life

This week's
 World Read Aloud Day 
Blogging Challenge 
asked bloggers to take a photograph 
that captures a glimpse of our reading lives.
Here are mine:
At School:
This photo is typical of my school days, where I am creating stacks of books to read aloud or book talk. I looked around my library and it is full of book stacks - on my reading bench, on my repair pile, on my cataloging pile, on my tbr pile - you get the idea.

Home is not much different!I love reading aloud. I think my students and I grow together through the stories we share about people, places and ideas, but I also love the times when I get to be just a reader and a book. 

When not reading for work (those piles are elsewhere), I usually have a book stack with something new, an old favorite, some word play book, and poetry (alas, I loaned out my Mary Oliver).
On this book stack is: 

Something new: Code Name Verity.
An old friend: Pride and Prejudice
A friend of an old friend: Austenland
An homage to an old friend: Remarkably Jane
A book that challenges me: Six Memos on the New Millennium
Two word play books that encourage me to have fun with language: Superior Person's Book of Words and Imaginary Words

For every book stack a reader
and for every reader a book stack.
Let's make reading a right for all people.

World Read Aloud Day is March 6th
Find a book
Find a person to share it with 
and 
Read it Forward.



No comments:

Post a Comment