"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Jamming with PUNK FARM

Today we read,
by author and illustrator Jarrett Krosoczka!




Our LibraryPals in Minnesota sent us Punk Farm.  Here is Jarrett Krosoczka signing the book for us when he visited them. Thank you Parkview Readers!


This short video shows how much we loved reading 
Punk Farm:
This book trailer for Punk Farm really gives you a great sense of the book and it will help you sing with the band!

The students really enjoyed watching this illustration of a Punk Farm character unfold.


We visited a few parts of Jarrett Krosoczka's Webpage.  Jarrett started making books when he was in elementary school. Our favorite is Nightmare on Eat StreetIn the fun category (not that all of this was not fun) we also learned how to pronounce Krosoczka
There are
too many great things to mention them all here, but I will be back to this Website with my third graders.  I cannot wait to show them some of the video clips where Jarrett shares his writing process.  They are incredibly wonderful and inspiring.

A note about reading this book, I have an audio system in my library and let me just say, the microphone came in very handy today...

No comments:

Post a Comment