"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Monday, June 3, 2013

The top circulating titles of the year are...

Travis Jonker at 100 Scope Notes recently posted the top circulating titles for students in grade levels K-2, 3-4, and 5-6. It got me thinking about my library collection and the top circulating titles.  The system we use does not easily allow for the same data as does the one that Travis uses, so here are the
top circulating books in my library from
September 1, 2012-June 1, 2013
:









The top 50 circulating books this year:




What does it mean to be a top circulating book?
In my school of approximately 430 students,
a book has been checked out somewhere between 25 and 100 times:

Interesting...very interesting....I feel that some of these numbers are slightly skewed because I circulated ARCs of some books and also bought some books and circulated them prior to cataloging them.  The Great Unexpected by Sharon Creech being one such title.  We had two ARCs and then I bought five copies and gave three to classrooms.  The same happened with Chris Rylander's second in the Fourth Stall series.  I will have to get better at cataloging books right away next year!

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing what books are popular for kids. This is a great list to puruse for summer reading! Thanks for compiling! Will share it on Twitter and Pinterest (Best Books for Kids board).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love seeing what is circulating. Always enlightening. :)) xx

    ReplyDelete