"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

And the Liebster Award goes to...

A few weeks ago I was surprised and flattered to be nominated for a Liebster Award.  Nominations come from other bloggers and mine came from Gigi McAllister over at The Late Bloomer's Book Blog. Thank you, Gigi! 

This Liebster Award is given to recognize new "up and coming" bloggers with less than 200 followers. It is always a bit scary putting my ideas and my words out there, so this type of encouragement is nice! Please check out Gigi's blog. Her Liebster post is wonderful. (I, too, have atrocious handwriting, Gigi - I blame it on being a lefty.

Rules for participating in this blog award are as follows:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Contact your nominees by commenting on their blog or sending them an email to communicate the nomination.

Here are my answers to the 11 Questions she had for me:

What are some of your hobbies?
Apart from reading, I enjoy photography, running, hiking, singing and writing poetry.

Use 3 words to describe yourself. 
Energetic, personable, engaged

If you could meet one person, who would it be and why?
Either Eleanor Roosevelt or Eleanor of Aquitaine.  At this point in my life, I think I would choose Eleanor Roosevelt because of her concern for the welfare of all human beings and her belief in equality and human dignity.

What is one of your pet peeves?
Not sure I have one.

What is the hardest thing about your job?
There is never enough time to do the things I want to do with the students. Our fixed/flex schedule only has 30 minute classes each week.

What is the greatest thing about your job?
Spending time at this magic place where readers and stories intersect.

Do you have a favorite book or series?
I read Jane Austen often.  There is always one of her books on my nightstand.  It is my comfort reading. Thinking back to my childhood, The Dark is Rising series by Susan Cooper stands out. 

Why did you start blogging?
As a way of reflecting on what is happening in my library and as a way to promote and share what is happening in the library – like a diary for community outreach.

If you could travel to anywhere, where would you go?
I haven’t really been to that many places, so there are too many. I'll choose Antarctic (before it melts) and hope that I could stop by Ecuador (and the Galapagos) and then Argentina along the way!

Complete this statement. In the next year I hope to...
…continue to grow as a teacher and learner.

What are you reading right now?
Courage Has No Color by Tanya Lee Stone.


11 random facts about me (in no particular order)
1. I sing and dance in my kitchen
2. I enjoy hiking, especially in the White Mountains
3. I take a lot of photographs
4. I enjoy watching sunsets
5. I love waterfalls
6. I love finding old cellar holes 
7. I am married and have two children
8. I listen to all types of music
9. I love playing word games or games that involve quick responses
10. I spend too much timing playing Words with Friends
11. I love the movie This is Spinal Tap and the number eleven always makes me think of the movie (it has to do with an amplifier that goes to eleven - don't ask - too difficult to explain...).

I would like to pass on nominations to the following bloggers to receive a Liebster Award. Please visit their blogs and check out the great stuff they are writing about!

1. Jessica Lodge at Mrs. Lodge's Library
2. Louise Capizzo and Cathy Potter at The Nonfiction Detectives
3. Margie Meyers-Culver at Librarian's Quest 
5. Natalee Stotz at Ars Longa - Vita Brevis


Questions I have for them:

Why are books important to you?

Name three books that you read this past year that stand out.

Use 3 words to describe yourself. 

Which three people would round out your dinner for four and why?

Why did you start blogging?

What makes you excited to go to work each day?

What is your favorite way to spend a Saturday morning?

What are your hobbies?

Where would you like to go on your next vacation?

Complete this statement. In the next year I hope to...

What are you reading right now? 



1 comment:

  1. Great post Jennifer! It was nice to learn more about you. I plan to follow the blogs you nominated.

    ReplyDelete