"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Don't You Know, We're Talkin' Bout a #Nerdlution

That's right, a Nerdlution, part Nerdy Book Club, part New Year's Resolution.

Beginning today, for fifty (50) days, I will be shaving time out of each day to do the things that I value, but for which I don't always preserve time. I am not including here, spending time with family and exercising because, although I do not do those things well all the time, I feel I have a good handle on them.  My three #NerdLutions will focus on areas that are neglected during the school year.  Being Nerdy, I will let Jane Austen speak for me.


“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.” 
― Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

1. Each day, I will be spending 50 minutes reading. 

“Dear Diary, Today I tried not to think about Mr. Knightly. I tried not to think about him when I discussed the menu with Cook... I tried not to think about him in the garden where I thrice plucked the petals off a daisy to ascertain his feelings for Harriet. I don't think we should keep daisies in the garden, they really are a drab little flower. And I tried not to think about him when I went to bed, but something had to be done.” 
― Jane Austen, Emma

2. Each day, I will be spending 20 minutes writing in my brand new journal.

“There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” 
― Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey

3. Each day, I will take time to be the best friend I can be.

3 comments:

  1. Looks good! I think you already are a great friend but it's nice that you are going to think about being a great friend.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great resolutions!!! I wish I could read that long each day ... maybe I need a Nerdlution too!

    ReplyDelete