"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Sunday, March 2, 2014

According to my students, Number One Sam is WRAD (Approved)

Last week, while preparing for our World Read Aloud Day (WRAD) participation, we read aloud...
...a book I was given at the ALA Midwinter Conference,

I was given this F&G before Greg Pizzoli won the Geisel Medal for The Watermelon Seed.  I fell in love with this book right away. I love the story, but it is the celebration of color that won me over, it appeals to my Go, Dog, Go! -infused childhood. 

Beneath the engaging and well-crafted illustrations is a message about community and discovering what really matters.  Will students hear this message? You bet. Just listen to what my kindergarten students had to say.  

In the following Voicethread, the students talk about why reading is important as well as share their reactions to Number One Sam. 

Shared reading experiences unite us.
World Read Aloud Day is March 5th.
Who will you share story with?

No comments:

Post a Comment