"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Saturday, April 4, 2015

How to Read a Story: Part Three: The second graders add their art

The second graders have been demonstrating their knowledge of "how to" stories. 






For this project, the students: brainstormed the steps in reading a story; read Kate Messner's book, How to Read a Story; revisited and edited their own version; and, finally illustrated a step in their story. You can read about the lessons leading up to the final project by visiting these blog posts:

How to Read a Story: Mentor Text : the story emerges


How to Read a Story: Mentor Text: Part Two: the story gets fine-tuned.
If you would like to see how this lesson emerged, I have put that information at the end.  Here are their versions of How to Read a Story.

2C

2T

2J

2R

About this lesson:

I explained the steps in the process:
I modeled the steps:
(I feel like my art empowers the students!)



The students needed two library periods to complete their art and type in their sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment