"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

P.A.R.C.C. was challenging and making new friends also was challenging.

The third graders and I re-read Beekle  by Dan Santat today. Ending the year with the same book that we began it is helping both the students and me to reflect on all that has happened along the way.  

I re-visited the blog post from September, the one  about our community building with Beekle. After reviewing our community building, I focused on what I had written about courage:
I asked the students to think about how they had demonstrated courage, in ways both big and small this year.  I asked them to think about the courage to: share their opinions;  take risks; be curious, listen; forgive; and be inclusive. 

I displayed courage this year by reading more biographies and nonfiction books.

I displayed courage this year by getting interested in other subjects and other book types and reading.

I displayed courage this year by becoming very interested in Helen Keller. And by becoming very interested in social studies and other subjects. 

I have displayed courage by moving into a new school in the middle of the school year.I think I did a good job moving into a new school where I knew no one.

I have displayed courage by raising my hand more than I did last year.

By being kind forgiving.

I  displayed courage this year by accepting the offer to be goalie at the student/faculty soccer game.

by letting people in by asking questions and being kind to others

I try to answer some questions that I don't know the answer to when Ms. Kelleher says questions to the class 

I have displayed courage this year in open circle by contributing my thoughts a lot. 

being kind 

being inclusive 

When i don't know a question i don't ask fist i try to figure it out 

I have displayed courage by moving into a new school in the middle of the school year.I think I did a good job moving into a new school where I knew no one.

I displayed courage by saying hi to some friends that I didn't know but now I know.  

I displayed courage this year by reading more biographies and nonfiction books.

I raise my hand way more this year.

Memorized my multiplication facts.

by raising my hand to a hard math problem

I was not going to read The  Land  of  Stories but my friend pestered me until I read it,the whole thing.

I raised my hand more this year.

I wrote 5 essays to practice for the parcc

I read a new genre that I wasn't comfortable with

I have displayed courage by making friends that I will always have 

By reading new books.

I displayed courage by reading a different genre of books this year.

I have displayed courage this year by making tons of friends while being new to the school.

I demonstrated courage by trying to make friends with a new kid.

I displayed courage this year by doing the "Elves and the Shoemaker" in front of at least 275 people!

I displayed courage by reading a new kind of book

I displayed courage by doing a front handspring off the high beam in the gym

I tried out crazy writing and math problems.

I tried a hard worksheet on math.

I chose new bigger books like Ida B and the Fourteenth Goldfish

I displayed by reading a new book series

I took a new book that didn't know anything about

I displayed  courage by making new friends because I talked to more people I did not know.

I displayed courage this year by starting/writing my own new book series. 

I started reading the Harry Potter series when I knew nothing about the series,and they were hard books to read with hard words

I tried to work harder.

I tackled a hard math problems 

I made new friends

I  have been zoning people at writing and worked as hard as I could

I have displayed courage by being very inclusive in the sand court/pit.  Me and my friends are welcoming and inclusive in the sand court

being very talkative, doing my best on p.a.r.c.c , and raising my hand in some subjects.

P.A.R.C.C. was challenging and making new friends also was challenging. 

I tried to read new books

I tried to make friends more than last year.

I checked out new books.

When I asked them to describe their learning community, they used these words: 

I am already looking forward to next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment