"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

ReedALOUD: I Wish You More

Today, the first graders and I read, I Wish You More, written by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and illustrated by Tom Lichtenheld.
From Goodreads:
"Some books are about a single wish. Some books are about three wishes. The infallible team of Amy Krouse Rosenthal and Tom Lichtenheld have combined their extraordinary talents to create this exuberant book of endless good wishes. Wishes for curiosity and wonder, for friendship and strength, laughter and peace. Whether celebrating life's joyous milestones, sharing words of encouragement, or observing the wonder of everyday moments, this sweet and uplifting book is perfect for wishers of every age."


This is such a sweet book, and gets me a bit choked up at the end. It's a celebration of love. After reading the book, I asked the students to think about their classmates and what they had learned about each other during the last 170 days. I asked them to think about a wish they would send into the cosmos for a classmate or for the class in general. Here's what they wrote:










Here are more wishes:
I WISH YOU MORE...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! How touching. I confess I'm totally choked up reading these. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete