"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Thursday, September 10, 2015

ReedALOUD: Circus Mirandus

I love this book! It is one of those books that, once you reach the last page, makes you want to flip it over and start it all over again, even though you know the ending because the journey is just so special. Circus Mirandus is as magical as it's title. It's a book about strength and courage. It's a book about letting go. Circus Mirandus is more than just a story, it's characters that you grow to understand and for whom you care. It's characters that you grow to understand and still do not like. It's the characters that give you hope. Circus Mirandus is about believing in the unbelievable and finding others who believe in you. This is a book that should be on your shelves. Don't take my word for it, listen to these students:


"Have you ever visited a magical circus? Well, in Circus Mirandus you will!  This wonderful book is made of new friends, sick grandfathers, a magical circus, and more amazing things that will REALLY blow your mind. Cassie Beasley wrote the best and most magical book that will take you on a big journey and in the end once you are finished it is that kind of book were you look back and say “ Wow, that book was truly amazing. Am I really done already?” It is that good." ~4th grade student



Dear Ms.Reed,
I have been reading the book Circus Mirandus that you have let me read. This book is amazing and I couldn’t put it down from the first page. You are the only person who have given me books to read that I have been that interesting in, I am not fully done with the book because of my busy schedule, but every time I have had time to read this book it was very I say very hard for me to put it down.


This book to me had no flaws at all, but I have a LOT to say that is good about this book. I am so happy with this book if I were to meet the author I would give her a big hug and tell her how much I loved this book. So for the start of this paragraph of good things to say I would like to say if I miss anything that I would like to say after I finish it I will change it. First of all, I love how at every chapter there is a new picture. Its not plain and boring its very detailed. Also, I love the personalities are clear on all the people. Aunt Gertrudis is mean and angry, Grandpa Ephraim has a lot of imagination and spirit, Micah is very determined and sweet, and Jenny is very smart and open to people she likes. Something else I loved was that the events in the book happen slowly, but in a very interesting way. For instance, when they get to the circus it's in the 200 page range, but you don't care everything before that is interesting too.


I hope you liked what I liked and didn’t dislike about this book!


Love {the now 6th grader}
Elisabeth

~~~~~~~~~~~
From Goodreads:

Do you believe in magic? Micah Tuttle does.

Even though his awful Great-Aunt Gertrudis doesn’t approve, Micah believes in the stories his dying Grandpa Ephraim tells him of the magical Circus Mirandus: the invisible tiger guarding the gates, the beautiful flying birdwoman, and the magician more powerful than any other—the Man Who Bends Light. Finally, Grandpa Ephraim offers proof. The Circus is real. And the Lightbender owes Ephraim a miracle. With his friend Jenny Mendoza in tow, Micah sets out to find the Circus and the man he believes will save his grandfather.

The only problem is, the Lightbender doesn't want to keep his promise. And now it's up to Micah to get the miracle he came for.

No comments:

Post a Comment