"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

3rd Graders and the Acceptable Use Policy

After viewing the Animoto movie I created about our Acceptable Use Policy as well as having discussions, the third graders practiced being good digital citizens by using Padlet to share what they know about our AUP. 
Padlet is a great tool to capture student responses. It's like a virtual bulletin board upon which students add virtual post-it notes. The students can see each other's responses as they type, which I like. I want them to understand and practice synchronous learning. (The Padlet walls can be set to moderate comments, but I think that giving them the open experience builds strategies and skills.)
I am happy about the students comments and know that we have a solid foundation upon which to build digital citizenship knowledge. These opportunities are always teachable moments and I see some comments that provide the opportunity to reinforce all the aspects of digital citizenship, including punctuation and grammar.  

You can check out the whole wall here. I changed the settings to moderate comments to ensure it's only my students work, but if you want to tell them what you think or have your students collaborate, send me a Tweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment