"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Ethical Gatherers of Information

This is how both my library and the fifth grade classrooms have looked for the past week. The fifth graders are busy gathering information on Native American peoples from across the United States. One of my roles has been to introduce the templates for both note taking and citing sources. I very much enjoy talking with students about these two things and it's been reaffirming to watch them apply their new skills.

This project is not only collaboratively taught, it is also collaboratively planned and developed. I am honored to work with a team that values my input and my role in teaching and learning and I am grateful for the understanding and knowledge I have gained from them.

I modeled how to find the Google Docs Templates that the fifth grade teachers shared. I modeled how to make a copy of a template and rename it. I modeled accessing and navigating to the library resources like PebbleGo Next and Encyclopedia Britannica. I modeled how to cite a source and take notes using the templates. 


And then it was the students turn...




















No comments:

Post a Comment