"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of library." ~ Jorge Luis Borges

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Ready or Not, Here They Come

Welcome Back!

This is what my school library looked like this morning. Both my space and I are ready for this 180 learning journey to begin!  

You are probably not impressed, but I am sure you will be when I show you what it looked like just one week ago.
The library was the storage space for school supplies, technology, and many other items. With the help of the art teacher, custodians, and an administrative assistant, this is what it looked like by Wednesday morning.
Pretty amazing. You're impressed now, right?

It was time for me, in just two days time, to begin envisioning the space, making changes, and making it ready for 500 plus students. 











The technology is updated, charged, and ready to go, as soon as we review the AUP.

There are some new things I am trying this year. 

I am using schedule cards, instead of adding the schedule to my daily message.



I created a take a break spot with fidgets and other supportive items.

I am trying out a few new chalkboard paper spaces to capture student voices.

I am creating a creation and innovation station space.



And we're off on another 
180 day learning adventure! 

2 comments: